27 April, 2012

Brand New Day

Bravo subconscious! You've outdone yourself with this one on so many levels.
Of all the songs that I know which are about a fresh start and time moving on, my subconscious picked "Brand New Day" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

LOL

I was in Germany during the writer's strike, so I didn't get to witness any of that mayhem firsthand, but I hear it was pretty epic. It can't have been all that bad if it forced the creation of gems like the sing-along blog.
Ok, so the idea of every day being a new day is what I like about this song. I'm not necessarily saying that that means today is the day to take over the world with an insidious plot, but if that's what on your mind, then that is what today is good for.
I think sunrises and sunsets are fantastic. They bracket each day, and are (in my opinion) the most beautiful part of the day. The sunsets in here at home are fantastic (I'm going to miss that in CA):
Sunset on the way from Williams to Prescott

Sunrise hike with my sisters

Sunrise working at the church fields


Yeah, sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous here.








What I find the most applicable about them is the fact that they are always coming. Sometimes, it's a bit longer between sunset and sunrises, but you can always be sure that, when the sun sets, it's going to rise again.
Do you know what I love about that?
I love that it's a challenge. I wake up, and there is a day just waiting for me to begin. I only have until sunset, then today is over.
On the other side of that perspective, once sunset has come, I have to let today go. Tomorrow is going to come, and there is nothing I can do to change what today was.
Constancy. That's what I love about sunrises, sunsets, and life.
Try waking up tomorrow, humming music that makes you feel like you can take over the entire world today. Try and tell me it doesn't make you feel good. I double-dog dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment