15 January, 2012

Wouldn't It Be Loverly?

I had an idea (it has been known to happen on occasion). I wake up with a song stuck in my head on a semi-irregular basis. It usually has no rhyme or reason to why the song is there, but often, for the first 20 or 30 minutes as I'm getting ready for the day, one song will be stuck on repeat in my head. After that, things get busy, the song fades, and I usually forget about it.
Well, I'm going to see if I can assign it meaning and blog about it! Random? Yes, yes it is. But maybe that is what I need. I don't really feel like I'm a consistent blogger anyway (see my history for verification), and so maybe this will be just semi-sporadic enough to give me the excuse to use my blog. We'll see.
So, as you can see in the title, yesterday I woke up with "Wouldn't it be loverly" stuck in my head. I haven't listened to My Fair Lady in a LONG time, but there you go, my subconscious pulled it out. Why? Well, let me paste in a few of the lyrics:

All I want is a room somewhere,
Far away from the cold night air.
With one enormous chair,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?
Lots of choc'lates for me to eat,
Lots of coal makin' lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm 'ands, warm feet,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

If I were to ask people around me to make a list of what they would like most right now, I have a feeling I'd find out some pretty interesting things. Feel free to comment on this post with your list :)
I have some things on my list right now, but I think Eliza has a pretty good handle on things with hers. To me, her list boils down to being able to slow down and enjoy a few moments of peace. I can definitely see why my subconscious would be SCREAMING for just that. I have had a whirlwind wonderful week. I have averaged about 14 hour days all week. But it's not just school or work or things which would drag me down. It's also been wonderful things like Family Home Evening (FINALLY back again for the semester!), my first ever opera experience, voice lessons and serving in the temple. I even checked an item off of my bucket list this week. I can honestly say that I wouldn't go back and cancel any of those things. They were fabulous, but I am drained. MLK Day is going to be a wonderful day for me to catch up (though it looks like I'm probably going to fall even further behind tomorrow, lol). It looks like, for right now, I get to keep being a full-time Liver, as Rebekah would say, and I'll have to just dream of the loverly life.

Someone's 'ead restin' on my knee,
Warm an' tender as (sh)e can be...









Julie Andrews as Eliza Doolitttle

2 comments: