15 January, 2013

All I Ever Wanted

This blog took a very different turn from what I'd been normally writing about exactly one year ago today. I decided I was going to make a note of the songs that I wake up with stuck in my head, and use each as an embarkation point for posts. I think it is poetic that, after 366 days of blogging, I have very much the same topic as I did for the post when I started this exercise. I had no idea where this blog was going to go (or where my year would take me for that matter), but I have enjoyed looking back at the posts that have happened and the adventures I've lived since. What a list it is!

Wouldn't it be Loverly
We R Who We R
Nothing's Bigger than Love/I Dreamed a Dream
We Can Do It
Toreador
Till I Hear You Sing
Who Am I?
Meteor Shower
Seize the Day
Not Over You
Brand New Day
These are the Nights
Joy to the World
Call me Maybe
My Eyes
White Flag
Tattoo
Somebody that I Used to Know
What Do You Do With a B.A. in English?
Payphone
Part of Me
It's Possible
Lights
Dark Blue
The Fortunate
Fine, Fine Line
Love You Like a Love Song
Me Without You
We are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Gloria (My Savior Lives)
Check Yes or No
Adelaide's Lament
Good Morning, Beautiful
Set Fire to the Rain
Titanium
Everybody Talks
With Wond'ring Awe
That's How You Know
Some Nights
Les Miserables
My Paper Heart
A Tisket, a Tasket
One More Night

Such an odd collection! I hope you've enjoyed these as much as I have enjoyed being able to write and share with you. Don't worry, I'm not quitting, I just thought that this is kind a major milestone to hit and I should acknowledge that.
Sweet perfumes of incense
Graceful rooms of alabaster stone
All I ever wanted

Poor Moses: in this portion of the Prince of Egypt, his world has pretty much been torn out from underneath him and he is trying to decide what it means to him to be himself. At first he tries to find himself in the things surrounding him.
Here among my trappings and belongings I belong
and if anybody doubts it
they couldn't be more wrong
How easy it is to try an identify yourself through the world around you! I can see that a lot of my own personal identification comes out in which car I drive, what I do for fun, where I eat, what I wear. There is so much more than that though! My understanding of who I am is so much more deeply rooted. I know that the things that are in my life are wonderful, but that life would still be wonderful without those things.
I am a sovereign prince of Egypt
Son of a proud history...
I have high expectations and great visions for my life as a child of God. Every aspect of my life which is in my control is an opportunity to grow towards greatness. Sure, there are lots of little things that I want: to do well in school, to get a degree, to get a job, to have a family, to go new places and see new things. I want all of these things, and I am working towards them. BUT, even if they don't happen in my life, I know that I can and am living in a way that is in line with and pleasing to God, and, really, that's All I Ever Wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment