23 August, 2012

The Perfect Wave

Tim and I were boogie boarding in Crystal Cove earlier this week and had this conversation. I tried to recreate it as best I could for you as follows: M- What if my wave never comes?
T- You have to be patient. Your wave will come. You don't want to jump at the first wave, ride it half way to the shore, and then realize that that wasn't your wave. You can separate from your wave, but that gets messy.
All my friends seem to be getting their waves, but I can't find a wave that's right for me.
M- What can I do to make sure that I'm ready for my wave when it comes?
T- You've just for to be in the best place you can and go for it when it's right.
M- How do I know when it's right?
T- It's just a feeling that it's tough to describe. When your wave comes, you'll know.
M- What if my wave never comes? What if I spend all day swimming and I have no wave?
T- Even if you are waveless during this day, we believe in a future day when everyone will get their own wave.
(Dallin chiming in)- Personally, I like my waves all natural. If a wave has been altered, it's just wrong.
M- I wasn't ready, and I think I missed my only chance for a wave.
T- There's not one right wave for every person. Some waves are bigger than others, tall waves, short waves, some that break earlier, some later, you never can tell when a wave will come and surprise you.
T- If you're not careful, a wave will chew you up and spit you out. Some waves are more dangerous than others.
M- Isn't every wave beautiful and perfect in its own way?
T- No. No they aren't.
M- It can get confusing when you're in the bay area- sometimes there are waves that go both ways :/
T- You know, you can't compare every wave to the one that got away.
And Dallin's wise words of wisdom to wrap it up- No man can ride three waves at once. Occasionally two, but never three.

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling you're no longer talking about waves. ;)

    ReplyDelete